Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas

  • English

IANA Committee (IC) Minutes 11 May 2010

IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray and Suzanne Woolf

Staff Members Present: Doug Brent – Chief Operating Officer; David Conrad – IANA Executive Director (Acting) & VP Research and IANA Strategy; Joe Abley, Kim Davies, Michelle Cotton, Samantha Eisner, Terry Manderson, Kurt Pritz, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos, and Leo Vegoda.

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. Reviewed the minutes from the prior IC meeting, and all voting members in attendance approved the minutes.
  2. Received update from staff of progress on action items identified at the previous meeting, with some items carried over.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to publish Root Glue policy report and recommendation by end of May 2010.
      • Staff to continue to provide IC with updates on the standardizing of documentation on process reviews, with a goal to have the documentation completed in October 2010.
      • Staff to report to IC when the external review of Root Zone Management process is published.
      • Staff to continue to work to achieve agreement on publishing documentation of current Root Zone management practice, escalating to executive management where necessary.
      • Staff to provide IC update on operations work regarding future increases of requests that will accompany the launch of the New gTLD program.
  3. Received an operational status report from Staff on the roll out of DNSSEC, including a report that all root servers are now serving the Deliberately Unvalidatable Root Zone (DURZ) with no observation of harmful effects and an update on the call for trusted community representatives to participate in root key generation and signing ceremonies. Also received an operational status report on the status of work on signing the ICANN-related zones.
  4. Received an update from staff on the work to complete the RFC Inventory Project and the results of the Project. The IC thanked staff for the work to complete this Project.
  5. Discussed draft paper regarding method by which the IC can facilitate Board consideration and action on delegation and redelegation issues.
    • Action:
      • Staff to revise paper to Board to address IC comments, to create a one page document and proposed process roadmap for IC consideration and informal Board discussion at the upcoming retreat.
  6. Received updates from staff on the status of a report on a proposal for testing DNAME in a testing subzone of the root as well as other variant-related issues.
    • Action:
      • Staff to forward report regarding the study of DNAME and other solutions to the IC after the final review is complete.
  7. Received an update from staff on status of Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) work.
  8. Received staff update on the recent delegation of IDN ccTLDs and subsequent deployment in the root zone and the continuing process work required to assist requestors in understanding the delegation process and timing expectations.
  9. Discussed staff work on plan for dealing with responding to the changing landscape of IPv4 availability.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to prepare briefing note for Risk Committee on this issue and invite Risk Committee to provide advice on this issue.
      • IC requested further discussion on issue at meeting in Brussels.