

ICG Call #23 – Wednesday, 23 September 2015 – 11:00-12:30 UTC Chat Transcript

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (9/23/2015 06:53) Hi all

Jennifer Chung: (06:53) Hi Martin! Hi everyone!

Jennifer Chung: (06:53) Welcome to the ICG call #23! Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: <http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards>

Hartmut Glaser: (06:54) Good Morning for me to all ...

Jennifer Chung: (06:54) @Everyone, please note that livestreaming translation in ZH will be unavailable for this call, however a translation of the transcript will be provided after the meeting.

Jennifer Chung: (06:54) Good morning Hartmut!

Hartmut Glaser: (06:55) Hi jennifer ...

Milton: (06:58) I need to get audio via computer, can the ICANN support staff allow that please?

Mike Brennan: (06:58) Hi Milton, I just enabled your mic rights for Adobe

Milton: (06:59) good thanks

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (06:59) yes milton

Keith Davidson ccNSO: (06:59) Hi all

Keith Davidson ccNSO: (07:00) Could I be activated for AdobeConnect mic too please

Mike Brennan: (07:00) Yes, you are enabled now

demi getschko: (07:00) Same for me (Adobe mic) Thanks!

James Bladel: (07:01) I am dialed in, but could you enable Adobe audio pls? Thx.

James Bladel: (07:01) Thank you.

Mike Brennan: (07:01) Sure, no problem

Jandyr Santos Jr: (07:03) Yannis, could you also enable my mic?

Jandyr Santos Jr: (07:04) Thank you

Jennifer Chung: (07:05) @Everyone, the email is unsynced for you to scroll through

Manal Ismail: (07:05) Can I have my mic enabled too please ..

Yannis li: (07:05) @manal ok

Manal Ismail: (07:05) Thanks ..

Jennifer Chung: (07:07) @Everyone - if you are on the phone bridge and also in adobe connect, please remember to mute your computer to avoid echo

Milton: (07:10) lots of noise

Keith Davidson ccNSO: (07:10) Audio bad

Mike Brennan: (07:11) Hello all, apologies for the audio issues we are working on this

Russ Housley: (07:13) Comment 80, not comment 105

Guru: (07:15) +1 Milton

Russ Housley: (07:16) For B6d, we could change "whether PTI compliance is mandatory" to "whether ICANN and PTI compliance is mandatory"

Jari Arkko: (07:16) Good morning. Sorry i'm late. Too early to wake up on the first alarm.... then Internet connectivity issues.

Manal Ismail: (07:17) can't hear well .. the voice is cutting ..

Russ Housley: (07:19) @Alissa, we assumed that your action would already be done

Jari Arkko: (07:19) +1 to clarifying in the text - clearly many commenters missed this detail.

Milton: (07:21) Yes I have to admit I am not too familiar with the IFR part of the proposal (found it a bit painful to read)

Russ Housley: (07:21) Thanks

Russ Housley: (07:21) No

Russ Housley: (07:22) @Alan: I'll be on a plane later today, so I trust you to do that Alan

Jennifer Chung 2: (07:23) @Everyone this has been unsynced for you to scroll through

Alan Barrett (NRO): (07:23) OK, I can do it.

Milton: (07:31) Isn't PTI's remit established by its contract with ICANN (i.e., the IANA functions contract?)

Alan Barrett (NRO): (07:33) There was a concern (comment 29) that PTI might be created without a sufficiently limited remit

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:35) @ Milton +1

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:35) Would be concerned if we were re-opening a difficult discussion

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:36) Our response shd be to the commenter: that this was subject to a lot of discussion and this was the consensus proposal;

Jari Arkko: (07:40) +1 to iana should not be doing policy

Jari Arkko: (07:41) yes that was from a comment

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:41) again agree Milton: not the role of the PTI Board

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:41) remember very limited board

Jari Arkko: (07:41) comment #80

RussMundy-SSAC: (07:44) I agree that it is appropriate for the ICG to ask the CWG if they want to provide any clarification rather than requiring them to respond in a specific way

RussMundy-SSAC: (07:45) @Jari: +1 to the ICG NOT providing specific criteria for board selection

Manal Ismail: (07:50) I think this will be part of the summary report ..

Milton: (07:50) Yes, agree

RussMundy-SSAC: (07:52) Yes, summary document should have an overview/summary of inputs that the ICG thought were implementation issues

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (07:52) it's very quiet?

demi getschko: (07:52) (no sound)

RussMundy-SSAC: (07:54) we should also be sure that we capture those points by the sub-groups as we go thru this review

Jennifer Chung: (07:54) @Martin - if you would like us to project your word doc attachment please let us know

James Bladel: (08:01) Sorry folks, need to drop. Thanks all.

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:03) @Jennifer: I'm fine without

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:03) @Jari, @Milton: fine. That answers my hesitation!

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:04) i do

Jari Arkko: (08:04) suggestion: deal with this as requiring more explanation about the rationale and process, rather than a substantive change to the OCs.

Alissa Cooper: (08:06) I can add some text to the part 0 section about PTI that points to the places in the rest of the proposal where escalation is discussed by each of the communities.

Milton: (08:06) that should be enough

Jari Arkko: (08:06) note: it may not be entirely explained, the details are but the rationale/thinking may not be so clear. big picture lost to the details...

Lynn St.Amour: (08:07) @Alissa, that should work

Milton: (08:07) not sure how that hand got up

Jari Arkko: (08:07) (so that was my suggestion for the part 0 edits, explain the big picture too)

Milton: (08:15) Support your proposed text

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:17) See <https://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/Numbers-SLA-2.0.pdf> section 13 re dispute resolution between RIRs and ICANN

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:18) excellent

Milton: (08:19) A plan? ROFL

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:20) I can work on ti

Milton: (08:20) Not a good day for me - teaching all afternoon

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:20) but not all of it!

Patrik Fältström - SSAC: (08:20) I can have a look again at it as I have already looked at PTI issues. But, I do not have the substantial expertise.

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:21) i have to finish in 4 hours time

Lynn St.Amour: (08:21) yes

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:21) Yes we can see it

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:21) now it's there

Milton: (08:23) I cannot hear him

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:23) I don't here Milton

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:23) am I up??

Milton: (08:23) Yes

Narelle Clark: (08:24) @Russ you must be muted on your computer or not enabled on your computer. We can't hear you.

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben: (08:24) Russ: too secure!!

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:24) sure

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:24) I'm fine with the 2nd item

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:25) on the first item, we need to include the url for the published proposal from icann/verisign

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:25) and a bunch of other places that the CWG talks about things related to the RZM/IFO

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:25) I sent text on this late last night

Milton: (08:26) One question: does anyone know what those brackets mean? [and the members of ICANN or a special IRR]???

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:26) that sounds good to me

Milton: (08:27) sound?

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:28) I get 1 or two seconds of audio every now and again, but mostly silence for the past 5 minutes or so

Milton: (08:29) OK

Milton: (08:29) Just want to thank you Alissa for pulling all this together

Lynn St.Amour: (08:29) @ Alan, there are some gaps while we all absorb text/questions. etc. but not that long...

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:31) probably a network problem. I'll stay connected in case it improves.

Hartmut Glaser: (08:32) I am connected

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:33) I gave audio again

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:33) by 16.30 UTC latest for me

demi getschko: (08:33) too

Jennifer Chung 2: (08:34) @Martin we can change that

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:34) 2 batches I'd say

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:34) CWG call tomorrow

Narelle Clark: (08:34) I think it more important we get them back as a single document

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:34) @Alisa: We still need to reach closure on RZM question 1)

Lynn St.Amour: (08:35) agree with Martin

Manal Ismail: (08:35) we can note that there will be a following batch in the first one ..

Narelle Clark: (08:35) sounds like we have to go with what we have

Narelle Clark: (08:35) ie 2 batches

demi getschko: (08:35) (will have to leave now... another meeting already running) See you all.

Lynn St.Amour: (08:36) thank you Alissa, and at such an ungodly hour for you..

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:36) Thanks to all that have put so much time into these

Milton: (08:36) bye all

Narelle Clark: (08:36) Thank you for all the effort

RussMundy-SSAC: (08:36) bye

Alan Barrett (NRO): (08:36) Bye

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben: (08:36) Thanks Alissa and good bye to all

Keith Davidson ccNSO: (08:36) thanks Alissa

Martin Boyle, ccNSO: (08:36) thanks & bye

Keith Davidson ccNSO: (08:36) bye

Manal Ismail: (08:36) Many thanks Aliisa and colleagues who worked on this .. Bye ..

demi getschko: (08:36) Thanks to all of you.

Jennifer Chung 2: (08:38) Thank you all, ICG Call #23 is now concluded