Board Activities and Meetings
26 May 2009 at 15:00 UTC
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand - Chair, Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker, and Katim Touray
Invited Committee Members Present: Thomas Narten and Suzanne Woolf
Staff members present: Doug Brent, David Conrad, Samantha Eisner, Dan Halloran, Kurt Pritz, Barbara Roseman, and Leo Vegoda
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Approved minutes of last meeting by unanimous vote, no abstentions.
- Receive staff update on status of conversations with the NRO in conjunction with creating a process for allocating the remaining IPv4 /8 networks to the
Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) to address the potential of some
networks having prior use associated with them. Action: Staff to continue consultation with NRO and provide NRO with paper incorporating NRO suggestions; Staff to report to committee with updates.
- Received staff update on and discussed status of automating Root Zone Management process and potential timeline for testing. Action: Staff to continue to work through process, including obtaining an external review of design; Staff to provide committee with regular updates on implementation once available.
- Discussed status of Root Zone signing discussions and system considerations, and received staff update on potential designs of solutions. Action: Staff to work to provide additional information and scenarios to for guidance on acceptable forms of proposed solution.
- Discussed policy on updating glue records. Action: Staff to provide compilation of documentation of consultations.
- Received update on current work by staff on items that were previously before the committee. Action: Staff to circulate presentation on routing diversity as delivered in Mexico City; Staff to circulate materials on protocol parameter and number resource process reviews, and the IANA glossary; and Staff to provide committee with charted update and status on items noted for committee consideration.