Board Activities and Meetings
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand, Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano – chair, and Jean-Jacques Subrenat
Committee member not present and sends apologies: Rita Rodin Johnston
Staff members present: Doug Brent, Samantha Eisner, Marco Lorenzoni, Denise Michel, Margie Milam, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from previous meeting.
- Discussed Committee Charter and approved for submission to the Board Governance Committee (BGC) for discussion and recommendation to Board for approval. Action: Staff to provide approved charter to BGC.
- Discussed upcoming schedules for organizational reviews.
- Discussed creation of formal and consistent Organizational Review process, with focused discussion on: (i) clarifying the timing of the review cycle to allow time for implementation of recommendations prior to the commencement of a new review cycle; (ii) standardizing instructions and criteria set out in requests for proposals from consultants to perform reviews; (iii) streamlining the transparency of the process; and (iv) including a process step to analyze the effectiveness of the recommendations that were implemented. Actions: Staff to finalize per discussion and return to Committee for review and comment via email prior to Mexico City meeting. Committee to consider during Mexico meeting.
- Discussed need to address how to resolve or implement interconnecting and/or conflicting recommendations arising from reviews of different committees or sponsoring organizations. Action: Committee to review recommendations to assist in identifying areas of conflict or concern.
- Discussed scheduled review of ccNSO in light of potential changes to committee relating to upcoming Policy Development Process over IDN ccTLDs. Action: Staff to coordinate meeting in Mexico City with ccNSO representative(s) to discuss review process.
- Discussed formalization of acknowledgement of receipt of the NomCom Review Working Group (WG) Report and its presentation for discussion in Mexico City. Action: NomCom Review WG Report to be presented for discussion in Mexico City.
- Discussed meeting schedule for Mexico City.