Board Activities and Meetings
The Board IANA Committee met on 10 December 2008 at 17:00 UTC
Board IANA Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand (Chair), Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker, Demi Getschko.
Staff members present: Diane Schroeder, Karla Valente, Daniel Halloran, Barbara Roseman, Kurt Pritz, Doug Brent.
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed revisions to proposed IANA Committee charter, including agreeing to invite Board liaisons to advise the committee, and noting that reviewing current IANA operations is within scope of the committee.
- Discussed meeting schedule for 2009, starting with teleconferences in January and February, followed by meeting in Mexico.
- Reviewed content and ranking of initial committee “issues list”:
- Root zone management review
- Implement new technical checks for TLD name servers to ensure greater DNS security for TLDs
- Modify root zone glue record change policy
- Transition ARPA operations to ICANN
- Transition of IN ‐ ADDR.ARPA operations to ICANN
- Protocol parameter process review
- Number resource process review
- DNSSEC operational readiness
- Discussed need to refine terminology: RZM software = new software for managing root, vs. root zone management refers to operational processes.
- Reviewed agenda for next meeting, including review of IANA roles and responsibilities, and review of IANA projects and initiatives.