Board Activities and Meetings
BGRC Attendees: Gonzalo Navarro – Chair; Chris Disspain, Erika Mann, George Sadowsky, Katim Touray and Kuo-Wei Wu
Other Board Attendees: Rod Beckstrom, Steve Crocker, Heather Dryden, Bill Graham, and Bertrand de La Chapelle
Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah – Chief Operating Officer; Barbary Clay – Vice President, Communications and Marketing; Jamie Hedlund – Vice President, Governmental Affairs – Americas; John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary; Kurt Pritz – Senior Vice President, Stakeholder Relations; Samantha Eisner, Baher Esmat, Dan Halloran, Denise Michel, Christopher Mondini, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Minutes – The BGRC reviewed and approved minutes of the previous BGRC meeting.
- IGF Planning – The BGRC received a presentation from staff regarding coordination of attendance and participation in the upcoming IGF meeting in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Regional Governmental Relationships Update – The BGRC received an update on regional governmental relationship building efforts.
- IANA Functions Contract – Received an update on the IANA Functions Contract and discussed the responses to the Further Notice of Inquiry.
- Internationalization – The BGRC discussed the work achieved to date to review internationalization, including the composition of a list of factors for consideration and two discussion papers. The BGRC agreed that assigning priority to the factors may assist in further development of strategy regarding internationalization.