Board Activities and Meetings
BFC Attendees: Sébastien Bachollet, Cherine Chalaby (Chair), Chris Disspain, George Sadowsky, and Mike Silber
BFC Member Apologies: Bruno Lanvin
Other Board Member Attendees: Steve Crocker
ICANN Executive and Staff Member Attendees: Susanna Bennett (Chief Operating Officer), Megan Bishop (Board Support Coordinator), Xavier Calvez (Chief Financial Officer), John Jeffrey (General Counsel and Secretary), Elizabeth Le (Senior Counsel), Karine Perset (Sr. Director of Board Support), and Amy Stathos (Deputy General Counsel)
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Review of the ICANN Investment Policy – The BFC reviewed the Investment Policy and discussed proposed language changes to the Policy. The BFC approved a recommendation that the Board adopt the Investment Policy as modified.
- Action: Staff to prepare a proposed resolution for Board consideration.
- ATRT2 Recommendations – The BFC discussed ATRT2 Recommendation 12 related to ICANN operations and finance and discussed next steps.
- Action: Staff to provide more information re: resources and milestones for full Board presentation in London.
- Recommendation to Board approval of SO/AC Additional Budget Request No. 35 - AFRALO – The BFC discussed the funding of SO/AC additional budget request No. 35 from AFRALO. The request falls within the IGF's scope of themes and ICANN's strategic plan. The BFC approved a recommendation that the Board approve the funding of this budget request.
- Staff to prepare a proposed resolution for Board consideration.
Published on 22 June 2014