In May 2020, the Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) team released a preview of the improved ICANN.org, giving the ICANN community an opportunity to see and experiment with some of the content types they have been working on to improve accessibility and findability on https://icann.org.
The team has been focused on ITI’s primary goals to:
- Create an integrated ongoing, operational process to govern, preserve, organize, and secure ICANN's public content.
- Implement this governance through a new document management system (DMS), the content foundation for ICANN ecosystem-wide governance.
- Surface this content through a new content management system (CMS), which will serve as the backbone for ICANN's external web properties.
- Enable a multilingual user experience (in the U.N. six languages) and aim to adhere to W3C AA accessibility standards.
- Upgrade and establish a future-proof and content agnostic technology landscape.
Throughout this process, the team has been actively engaging with ICANN stakeholders in usability sessions and gathering community input from the ITI feedback site. While the work is still in progress, we wanted to invite the community to join us for two upcoming webinars. The team will demo some of the new content types and features, and answer any related questions.
ITI Webinar 1
Monday 20 July 2020, 20:00 UTC (
all other times)
ITI Webinar 2
Wednesday 22 July 2020, 14:00 UTC (
all other times)
We cannot do this without your help and we appreciate all the positive feedback and constructive input we've received from the community, and look forward to seeing you at these upcoming webinars.