In addition to the U.N. six languages, this content is also available in
PARIS: ICANN is glad to announce a free shuttle service for attendees of its Paris meeting. INDOM has partnered with ICANN to provide the service, and the idea is to provide ICANN meeting attendees with a convenient and fun way to take in some of the famous landmarks Paris has to offer.
How does it work? The service is free for all registered ICANN meeting participants. Your meeting badge is your credential to use the shuttles.
Three minibuses with an 8 passenger capacity will rotate throughout service hours. You can board these shuttles from the parking area immediately in front of the venue hotel, Le Méridien Montparnasse. The shuttles will be easy to spot, just look for the INDOM or ICANN logos or the "official ICANN Paris Meeting Shuttle" branding.
If no shuttle is available, please wait for one to return to the pick-up point outside the hotel. Once on the shuttles, just ask the driver to take you to one of the places listed in our selection of some of the most popular destinations in Paris:
- Saint Germain des Prés - A lovely area to stroll through, the heart of Paris' famous left bank district, highlights include "les Deux Magots" and the "café de Flore", where Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir founded the existentialist movement.
- Musée Orsay - One of Paris' leading art museums, it is housed in the old Orsay railway station overlooking the Seine river.
- Luxembourg - In the heart of Paris' Latin Quarter, this park dates back to 1612 and is a favorite for Parisians and visitors from all over the world. It is situated next to the French Senate and the "Musée du Luxembourg".
- Panthéon - Home to Paris' most famous universities (Sorbonne, Assas) this old church is one of Paris' most famous landmarks.
- Notre-Dame - Along with the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe, the Notre Dame cathedral is probably the most emblematic monument in Paris.
- Le Marais - Considered by Parisians to be "a village inside Paris", Le Marais is an ideal area to walk through with its typical Parisian houses and numerous shops.
- Ile Saint Louis - Just behind Notre Dame, this is indeed an island (in the middle of the Seine river) and another great strolling opportunity.
The shuttle service will cover the full ICANN Paris Meeting week, from Sunday June 22nd to Thursday June 26th. The service will run from 11:30 to 21:30 every day, except for Monday June 23rd and Wednesday June 25th to accommodate the two main social events of the week, the Welcome Cocktail and the Gala Dinner.
Detailed operating times are:
- Sunday June 22, 2008: 11:30 to 21:30
- Monday June 23, 2008: 14:30 to 18:30
- Tuesday June 24, 2008: 11:30 to 21:30
- Wednesday June 25, 2008: 14:30 to 18:30
- Thursday June 26, 2008: 11:30 to 21:30