Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) opened the nomination period for the ICANN Community Excellence Award. This nomination period will close on 21 March 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
Launched in 2014, the ICANN Community Excellence Award recognizes the ICANN community members who have deeply invested in consensus-based solutions and contributed substantively to the ICANN multistakeholder model.
The ideal recipient(s) will have:
- Participated in the ICANN community for at least five years
- Served in multiple ICANN working groups or committees
- Collaborated with more than one Supporting Organization (SO) or Advisory Committee (AC) in a significant capacity
Candidates will be evaluated by a panel of ICANN community members appointed by the SO/AC chairs. This panel will evaluate candidates using a merit-based point system and the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to work across community lines with both familiar and unfamiliar ICANN stakeholders to build consensus
- Facilitator of dialogue and open discussion in a fair and collegial manner, in a spirit of collaboration shown through empathy, and a sincere desire to engage with people from other backgrounds, cultures, and interests
- Demonstrated additional support for the ICANN multistakeholder model and its overall effectiveness through volunteer service via working groups or committees
Please submit your nominations using this Nomination Form and include detailed information outlining why the nominee meets the award criteria. Self-nominations will not be considered. Any additional information in support of nominations or questions about the award process may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award recipient(s) will be announced in June 2022 at ICANN74. For more information, please refer to the ICANN Community Wiki.