The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) reminds ICANN community members that the nomination period for the Dr. Tarek Kamel Award for Capacity Building is closing 25 July 2022. To be considered, nominations need to be received by that date.
ICANN opened the nomination period on 27 June 2022. The annual award is awarded to one individual during ICANN's Annual General Meeting, held in the fourth quarter of each year. The ideal recipient will have at least five years of:
- Significant contributions to national, regional, or global capacity-building programs related to ICANN's mission
- Developing capacity-building programs that positively influenced the multistakeholder model and diversified participation at ICANN
- All nominations must include detailed information and documentation to demonstrate the nominee's fulfilment of the award criteria.
- Any ICANN community member or ICANN community group (e.g., Supporting Organization (SO), Advisory Committee (AC), or a SO/AC constituent group) may submit a nomination.
- All nominations must be submitted via the nomination form.
- Self-nominations are not allowed.
The ICANN Board will evaluate a shortlist of candidates. Please submit your nominations via this nomination form by 25 July 2022 23:59 UTC. Any additional information in support of nominations or questions about the award process may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year's award recipient will be announced in September 2022 at ICANN75. For more information, please refer to the Dr. Tarek Kamel Award for Capacity Building webpage.