As the result of the de-accreditation of Esoftwiz Inc. (IANA ID 614), ICANN is seeking Statements of Interest from ICANN-accredited registrars that are interested in assuming sponsorship of the gTLD names that had been managed by Esoftwiz Inc.
Esoftwiz Inc. managed approximately 1,200 gTLD registrations, including registrations in the com and net registries, and is based in Ontario, Canada. ICANN has secured all available Whois data for the current registrations. There are approximately 8 second-level internationalized domain names under this registrar’s sponsorship in the com and net zones.
Request for Statements of Interest
ICANN-accredited registrars who wish to be considered as a potential recipient of a bulk transfer of the names should be in good standing with regard to all ICANN-obligations and submit a written statement of interest by no later than 23:00 UTC on Friday, 19 September 2008, with a description of qualification, which includes at least:
- Registrar experience, including number of registrations and customers managed;
- Availability of sufficient customer service staffing to timely respond to customer service requests during and shortly after the bulk transfer;
- Ability to communicate with customers in languages other than English;
- A list of the gTLDs in which accredited and operational;
- Experience with and knowledge of bulk-transfer procedures;
- Documentation of procedures to resolve potential disputes of domain name control or registration rights (in the event of contested ownership or inaccurate Whois data);
- Experience as a customer-facing / "retail" registrar business;
- Experience with second-level IDNs in the com and net zones;
- Ability to provide ICANN with regular status reports.
Expressions of interest should indicate, approximately, the amount of time needed by the applicant-registrar to prepare to receive the bulk transfer.
This request for information/expressions of interest is made pursuant to the Draft/Interim Terminated Registrar Transition Procedure posted at http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-06jun08-en.htm. ICANN reserves the right to entertain any or none of the statements of interest submitted in response to this request and to select or approve a bulk-transfer recipient outside this process. To the extent confidential treatment of any information in the submission is required, such information should be designated accordingly. Questions and submissions should be submitted by email to mike.zupke @ icann.org.