MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay – 30 April 2018 – Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) announced the participation of Rodrigo de la Parra, Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement for Latin America and the Caribbean, at LACNIC29. This meeting will take place in Panama City, Panama from 30 April to 4 May 2018. Rodrigo will be available for interviews with the media on Monday, 30 April from 15:00 to 18:00 and Tuesday, 1 May from 9:00 to 13:00 (local time, -5 UTC).
In 2016, the ICANN org relocated ICANN56, originally planned for Panama City, due to concerns over the Zika outbreak in the Caribbean region. This year, ICANN will host two regional events in Panama:
- LAC-i-Roadshow – 21 to 22 June 2018 Session dedicated to outreach focused on key topics related to the critical infrastructure of the Domain Name System (DNS) in the region.
- ICANN62 Public Meeting – 25 to 28 June 2018 Policy Forum focused on current policy development work, outreach, and daily opportunities to network with the ICANN community.
ICANN Public Meetings are held three times each year in different regions of the world to encourage global participation. ICANN meetings offer the best opportunity for face-to-face discussions and airing of opinions among knowledgeable people dedicated to the continued stable and secure operation of the Internet. For more information visit the ICANN62 website.
Benefits of attending an ICANN Meeting:
- Understand how Internet policies are created and how the Internet works.
- Gain knowledge about the main issues facing the Internet today and in the future.
- Enhance the ICANN org's work by participating in key developments.
Sr. Communications Manager, Latin America and the Caribbean
+598 95 831 442
Global Communications Coordinator
+1 (202) 304-5984
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.