Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) organization, in consultation with the Supporting Organizations (SOs) and Advisory Committees (ACs), announced the seven individuals who have been selected as the members of the Independent Review Process (IRP) Community Representatives Group. The group is responsible for supporting the SOs and ACs in proposing a slate of nominees, for confirmation by the ICANN Board of Directors, to constitute an omnibus standing panel that will hear and resolve disputes filed under the IRP described in the ICANN Bylaws.
The selected members, and their associated SO or AC, are as follows:
- Kavouss Arasteh – Governmental Advisory Committee
- Donna Austin – Generic Names Supporting Organization
- Heather Forrest – Generic Names Supporting Organization
- Cheryl Langdon-Orr – At-Large Advisory Committee
- Edowaye Makanjuola – Governmental Advisory Committee
- David McAuley – Country Codes Names Supporting Organization
- Greg Shatan – At-Large Advisory Committee
Follow the progress on identifying the members of the IRP omnibus standing panel on this website. Initiating the work of the IRP Community Representatives Group is an important milestone in this process.
Background on the IRP
The IRP is a form of arbitration, which provides for third-party review of ICANN Board and organization actions (or inactions) that are alleged to be inconsistent with the ICANN Articles of Incorporation or Bylaws. The IRP is an essential mechanism for holding the ICANN Board and the organization accountable, and the seating of an omnibus standing panel to hear these claims is an important component of achieving a consistent, binding outcome.