The Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) to chair the Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team. The Council approved the formation of the team and provided instructions during its meeting on 22 July 2021. The deadline to submit an EOI is Wednesday, 25 August 2021 (23:59 UTC).
The Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team will be tasked with considering the current enforcement, reporting, measurement, and overall effectiveness of generic top-level domain (gTLD) registration data accuracy-related efforts. These considerations are expected to help inform its deliberations and the development of recommendations to the GNSO Council on whether any changes are recommended to improve accuracy levels, and, if so, how and by whom these changes would need to be developed. For example, if changes to existing contractual requirements are recommended, a policy development process (PDP) or contractual negotiations may be necessary to effect a change.
Chair Terms and Requirements
The GNSO Council is looking to appoint a neutral Chair to the Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team. With such critical issues under consideration, it is important to note that significant responsibility comes with this role in order to ensure the success of deliberations. The scoping team is expected to have regular calls to complete its assignments. In addition, the Chair is expected to participate in regular planning calls with the staff support team.
There will be no compensation associated with this role; however, travel associated with any face-to-face meetings may be supported by ICANN organization (org). Note, due to ICANN org travel restrictions still in place, no in-person meetings are scheduled at this time.
The scoping team will start its work after the completion of the Registration Data Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) Phase 2A work. The final report is expected to be delivered by the end of August 2021.
How to Submit an EOI
To submit an Expression of Interest, please answer the following questions:
- What is your interest in this position?
- What particular skills and attributes do you have that will assist you in chairing the scoping team?
- What is your knowledge of existing accuracy requirements and associated challenges?
- What is your experience in and knowledge of the following:
- The GNSO policy development process
- ICANN consensus policies
- ICANN Registry Agreements (RAs)
- The Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) related to gTLD registration data
- Are you able to commit the time required (multiple hours per week) and necessary work needed to chair the scoping team?
- Conflict of Interest Statement: do you have any affiliation with or involvement in any organization or entity with any financial or non-financial interest in the subject matter of this scoping team?
- Please also include:
- A link to an up-to-date Statement of Interest (SOI): https://community.icann.org/x/c4Lg
- A statement confirming your commitment and ability to act neutrally.