Deadline: 6 September 2010 – 23:59 UTC
The Affirmation of Commitments calls for a periodic review of four key ICANN objectives, namely:
- Ensuring accountability, transparency and the interests of global Internet users;
- Preserving security, stability and resiliency of the DNS;
- Promoting competition, consumer trust and consumer choice;
- WHOIS policy.
In line with the Affirmation provisions, the WHOIS Policy Review (WIR) is to be objectively performed by a Review Team composed of:
- Volunteer Community Members representing the relevant Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees of ICANN;
- ICANN CEO (or designated nominee);
- GAC Chair (or designated nominee);
- Representatives of Law Enforcement
- Global Policy Experts; and
- Independent experts.
The composition of this Review Team shall be jointly determined by the CEO of ICANN – Mr. Rod Beckstrom – and Chair of the GAC – Mrs. Heather Dryden (in consultation with GAC Members).
Whereas a Call for Applicants for volunteer RT Members was launched on June 1, ICANN now invites interested individuals to apply for a position of Independent Expert, Law Enforcement Representative or Global Policy Expert on the WHOIS Policy Review Team.
Please refer to the WHOIS Policy Review – Call for Independent Experts, Law Enforcement Representatives and Global Policy Experts, Details [PDF, 92 KB] for further information and instructions on the application process.
An extensive expertise in the subject under review as well as an ability to remain fully independent and objective constitute highly desired requirements for a valid application.
Interested candidates, please submit your CV, letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 September 2010 – 23:59 UTC. Relevant experience should be clearly stated.