In addition to the U.N. six languages, this content is also available in
ICANN is immediately seeking expressions of interest for the 2009 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Chair.
The NomCom Chairperson is responsible for organizing the NomCom in its activities to select certain ICANN Board members and individuals who will serve in key leadership positions within ICANN's supporting organizations (SO) and advisory committees (AC) in accordance with ICANN's Bylaws. The Chair is a non-voting member of the NomCom selected by ICANN's Board to serve until the conclusion of the next ICANN annual meeting.
To properly serve as Chair, the selected individual must have:
- adequate time available to undertake the role;
- excellent communication and negotiation skills to manage a committee of 22 - 23 members;
- a clear understanding of the duties and responsibilities of each position for which the NomCom is selecting candidates;
- experience on or with a Board of Directors;
- strong organization and leadership skills;
- ability to remain unbiased; (vii) no conflicts of interest, and
- a thorough understanding of, and satisfy, all criteria set forth in ICANN Bylaws relating to the NomCom (see http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VII).
No person who is an employee of or is a paid consultant to ICANN (including the Ombudsman) shall simultaneously serve as a member of the NomCom, including the post of Chair.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and schedules NomCom meetings as required.
- Appoints non-voting Associate Chair if so desired.
- Reports to ICANN Board on status of the NomCom.
- Prepares and publishes the NomCom report.
- Coordinates due diligence on nominated candidates in cooperation with ICANN's General Counsel and any outside firm(s) retained to perform due diligence activities.
- Conducts outreach with ICANN Constituencies, ACs and SOs (with Chairs of those groups), ICANN Board, and others.
- With other members of the committee, reviews and evaluates candidate Statements of Interest (SOIs) and references submitted during NomCom process.
- Ensures NomCom records are properly established, maintained and archived.
- Approves outreach/advertising methods for attracting candidates.
Approves posting of NomCom announcements on ICANN website.
For more specifics about the activities and time involvement of the NomCom Chair see this attached chart.
Further, for more information about the NomCom, the procedures are publicly available and may be found at http://nomcom.icann.org/procedures-2007.html#A5.
All reasonable travel expenses and administrative costs incurred as a result of performing the duties as NomCom Chair in accordance with ICANN's policies will be reimbursed by ICANN upon the Chair's submission to ICANN of valid receipts and invoices.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest, which will be maintained as confidential, should be sent to NomComChair@icann.org no later than 18 July 2008.