هذا المحتوى متوفر فقط باللغة (أو اللغات)
Name: At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) Policy staff in support of the At-Large Community
Date: 13 Feb 2023
Original Public Comment: Draft FY24–28 Operating & Financial Plan and Draft FY24 Operating Plan & Budget
Summary of Attachment
The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) has submitted its comments via the enclosed attachment.
The official ALAC statement has been discussed by the Operations, Budget, and Finance Working Group (OFB-WG) and was ratified by the ALAC ahead of submission.
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
Summary of Submission
The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) appreciates the opportunity to submit comments on the Draft FY24–28 Operating & Financial Plan and Draft FY24 Operating Plan & Budget.
We would like to thank ICANN org for the reduction of pages in the Operational Plan & Budget, without losing the explanations of the budget, operational plans, and initiatives. As it has been in the last years, it is presented in a very readable format, with bookmarks embedded in the document. We also appreciate the inclusion of the budget ‘highlights’ that provide a good summary of the two documents, in particular, for those without the time to read both documents.
The At-Large community submits substantive comments on the following areas:
FINANCIAL PLANS AND BUDGETS
- Draft FY 24-28 Financial Plan
- Draft FY 24 Budget
- Support the evolution and strengthening of the root server system and root zone management
- Facilitate the Domain Name System (DNS) Ecosystem improvements
- Evolve and Strengthen the Multistakeholder Model to Facilitate Diverse and Inclusive Participation in Policymaking
- Evolve and Strengthen the ICANN Community’s Decision-making Processes to Ensure Efficient and Effective Policy Making
- Promote and Evolve the DNS Through Open and Transparent Processes That Enable Competition and Open Entry in Internet-Related Markets While Ensuring the Stability, Security, and Resiliency of the DNS
- Evolve and improve internal and external ethics policies
- Global Stakeholder Engagement
- Geopolitical Monitoring, Engagement and Mitigation
- Policy Development and Support
- Community Engagement and Services