ICANN is today opening a public comment period on a proposed amendment [PDF, 89 KB] from mTLD Top Level Domain, Ltd. to Appendices 6 and 7 of the .MOBI Registry Agreement.
On 30 September 2010, ICANN posted for public information a proposal from .MOBI that would allow the registry operator the use of additional equitable allocation options for one and two-character domain names.
As provided for by the Registry Services Evaluation Policy, ICANN has undertaken a preliminary determination on whether the proposal might raise significant competition, security or stability issues. ICANN's determination is that the proposal does not raise such issues in .MOBI.
Implementation of the proposal would require an amendment to Appendices 6 and 7 of the .MOBI Registry Agreement. ICANN is now opening a public comment period in order to consider the proposed amendment.
- The registry service proposal (request #2010011) is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/#2010011
- ICANN's preliminary determination on the proposal: http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/arias-to-greer-15oct10-en.pdf [PDF, 53 KB]
- Proposed amendment to .MOBI Registry Agreement is available here: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/mobi/proposed-mobi-amendment-25apr11-en.pdf [PDF, 89 KB]
- Public comment forum on the proposed amendment: http://forum.icann.org/lists/mobi-rsep-2010011/
- .MOBI Registry Agreement is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/mobi/
- Registry Services Evaluation Policy: http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/rsep.html