The 2011 Annual Report for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has been published online today.
The report highlights the organization's achievements and progress from 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011, including:
- The Board of Directors' approval of the New generic Top-Level Domain Program.
- Deployment of Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) for the root zone.
- The entry of 26 Internationalized Domain Names into the Internet's root.
- The Board of Directors' approval of the Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency, the first new Generic Names Supporting Organization constituency in more than a decade.
Further content includes:
- Audited financial statements for fiscal year 2011 [PDF, 821 KB].
- A link to staff remuneration practices [PDF, 298 KB] for fiscal year 2011.
- Biographical details on each of the Board of Directors.
- Messages from the CEO and Chairman.
The complete annual report is available online at http://www.icann.org/en/annualreport/annual-report-2011-en.pdf [PDF, 4.06 MB].