The Chair of the ccNSO's working group on delegation, re-delegation and retirement of ccTLD’s is pleased to announce the publication of the working groups Issue Analysis report [PDF, 1.16 MB]. The objective of the report is to inform and solicit input and comment from the community on the classification methodology developed by the working group and the issues identified and classified using that methodology, in particular on the following topics:
- Is the methodology developed and employed adequate for the purposes of the DRDWG?
- Do the policy statements identified provide an adequate baseline to evaluate the actual practices of IANA and the ICANN Board relative to delegation, redelegation and retirement of ccTLDs?
- Are there other policy statements which are applicable to the work of the DRDWG? Should they be included in the baseline?
- Does the documentation identified provide an adequate representation of the actual practices of IANA and the ICANN Board relative to delegation, redelegation and retirement of ccTLDs?
- Should other cases be included for analyses?
- Is there other documentation which is applicable to the work of the DRDWG which should be analyzed?
- Was the methodology properly applied to the cases?
To be most helpful you are kindly requested to submit your comments by 15 September 2010 at: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-comment-201009-en.htm#drd. An archive of all comments received will be publicly available.
Background and next steps:
According to its charter the purpose of the delegation, redelegation and retirement Working Group (DRDWG) is to advise the ccNSO Council whether it should launch a policy development process to recommend changes to the current policies for delegation, re-delegation and retirement of ccTLDs. The working group has published its first progress report in February 2010 and second progress report in June 2010. Both the charter and the progress reports can be found at here.
The Working Group will continue its work during this consultation period. After closure of the comment period, the working group will finalise this paper taking into account the public comments and input.