Comments Archives Unavailable.

Mr. Andrew McLaughlin
Berkman Center, ICANN Staff
August 17, 1999

Andrew:
I wanted to let you know that the comments submitted to the Uniform Dispute
Resolution Policy proceeding (cybersquatting definition and mandatory
arbitration on disputes) are unavailable and have been since at least August
15 and probably before.

As you know, comments are written not just for the ICANN Board, but also for
the community to review and respond (hence, the public notice).  We
understand procedural difficulties, but this is one that runs to the fairness
of the process itself.  This inability to review comments in a timely manner
is sufficient reason, Alone, for the ICANN NOT to vote on adoption of the
WG-A report in Santiago

Could you help us with the following:
a)  Could you post the NCDNHC's Petition for Reconsideration (next mail
message) on the main UDRP site, perhaps below the link to M.Froomkin's paper
-- as the opposition of a constituency, we think it merits this placement; and
b) Let us know when the comments archives becomes available; and
c) Work with us on getting a delay in this process so that we can work out
the kinks and still have adequate time and opportunity for meaningful
response?

Thank you,
Kathryn Kleiman
Noncommercial Domain Name Holders Constituency
ACM-IGC